Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Done!

Yesterday (and it spilled over to today) I finished at BYU... completely!

Even though I have been teaching the whole year and doing everything "teacher" and not "student" I was still under BYU supervision. It's like they didn't trust me to educate teenagers without ANY experience or supervision...weird!

But yesterday I went to campus and turned in all the needed assignments and my supervisor said "that's all, good job, good luck" and I walked away. I feel such freedom now, but also very alone. My supervisors would check on me so often, I felt so loved. Now it's me and the teenagers...

But, today as I finished submitting stuff I felt so relieved - I'm graduating!! It was hard work that is for sure!

Yesterday I was with all the other interns and student teachers, about 25 girls. I was one of the very few that has a job for next year - I felt bad as my friends raised their hands saying they were looking for work. I only have a job next year because I got an internship at the right school this year who keeps interns. I'm so thankful Heavenly Father made me scared last year interviewing three times before getting an offer, which put me at the right school long before I thought I would work next year. Certainly, Heavenly Father can make more of our lives than we can imagine!

the past two months of my life...
Any suggestions of what I do now, I really don't know what to do with my time...blog:)

I also stopped by my dance team practice for a few minutes at BYU. It was so good to see old friends and my director. It's hard to not miss that old life, it seems so easy now - dance all day, travel, perform with a little bit of cooking and sewing classes thrown in there! Needless to say, I loved my time at BYU and I do miss it. But it's pretty cool to see how I've changed and grown up in the past year. Here's to being a grown up...
I used to frolic around in red boots, a skirt, and flower headbands... (and I used to be tan!)

moving into my classroom, I had no idea what was ahead of me




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a wonderful accomplishment! I am glad the dancing, frolicking, and fun classes outshine the memory of biology,etc.
    You get an A+ on being a grownup...I knew you would because you were an outstanding young woman. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Case! Stop being so grown up and come to California this summer and pretend you have no responsibilities ;)

    ReplyDelete